Ahoy Captain Cats here and today we are going to look at the nominated animated films for this year Oscars. We will be using the Film Synopsis from the Academy Awards and give both my personal and realistic pick
- How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Hiccup and Toothless have settled into their lives as leaders of a chaotic dragon utopia, but when the fearsome Night Fury dragon suddenly appears and their village is threatened, the two must journey into the unknown to save their world.
- I Lost My Body – Adventure, young love and childhood memories intertwine as a severed hand crosses Paris in search of its owner.
- Klaus – When a selfish young postman is assigned to a remote Scandinavian town, his unlikely friendship with a reclusive toymaker leads to the creation of Santa Claus.
- Missing Link – Mr. Link, aka Bigfoot, is lonely and believes that famed investigator of myths Sir Lionel Frost is the one man who can help him. Along with adventurer Adelina Fortnight, Mr. Link and Frost embark on an epic journey to find Mr. Link’s distant relatives, and their own true identities, in the fabled Shangri-La.
- Toy Story 4 – Woody and the gang go on a road trip with new toy Forky, who’s convinced he’s trash and doesn’t yet understand his role in the world. Along the way, Woody is unexpectedly reunited with independent spirit Bo Peep and finds himself faced with a decision, and a future, he never imagined.
This year nominees are very interesting, Disney only has one film here this year, while Netflix has two with I Lost My Body and Klaus and DreamWorks with How To Train Your Dragon. Missing Link is the odd one, but already has a Golden Globe for best-animated film and it has a realistic chance to win. I would love to see I Lost My Body win due to its art style and it has something you can relate to.
The Oscars will take place on February 9 of this year.