Ahoy me mateys Captain Cats here, and today I’m reviewing what many, including myself to be the equivalent to The Rolls Royce Sweptail with cost over $13 million and that is The Blue Mountain Coffee from Jamaica. For this review of this coffee, I will be drinking from UCC Blue Mountain Coffee.

Ueshima Coffee Co. or UCC for short is a coffee company from Kobe Japan. The company is named after the founder, Tadao Ueshima, better known in Japan as “The Father of Coffee in Japan.” Over the years UCC has become not only in Japan but in the rest of the world as one of the premier coffee companies in the world and with a solid lineup of products for everyone, and you can see why it is. In 1981 UCC open an estate in Jamaica and was named UCC Blue Mountain Coffee Estate.

Now if your wondering what makes Jamaica Blue Mountain (JBM for short) coffee so expensive here are some interesting facts about it:

  • JBM takes about twice as long to mature
  • JBM is grown in a particular part of Jamaica where its warm, humid and is about between 3000-5000 feet above sea level
  • Supply and Demand, the Japanese market buys up about 80% of all JBM coffee beans while the rest of the world gets 20% and that 20% makes it a very very rare item to find in the current market!

With the help and big thanks to Omega Kai, he found and order UCC The Blend Blue Mountain Coffee, and it was pricey. The bottle come in 38G glass bottle cost with tax $25 and it’s enough for maybe about one to two weeks worth of morning coffee if you know how to use it right. The taste is WONDERFUL; it has a mild, smooth, clean taste once you take your first taste of it and the aroma is second to none with sweet herbs and floral smells. Add a bit of cream and sugar, and this coffee will take your taste buds on a getaway which they may never want to come back, Yes this coffee is that good!

The only downside is that it is very pricey and very rare to find. Many other brands will say they have it as well, but with 20% available to the market, you should take a hard pass until you find the real stuff yourself. If you want to try this, by all means, look for UCC and give it a try and if you fall in love with this coffee, you will see why that the legends are true about this coffee.