Ahoy me mateys Captain Cats here, and today we are going to look into each of the Nominated Animated films for the 2019 Golden Globes.
- Incredibles 2– with its record-breaking $1.2 billion in the box office and the entire cast coming back to do this after 14 years the first one was released, the Disney Pixar film will be a favorite to win this year.
- Isle of Dogs– The Wes Anderson film which is set in Japan, tells the story about a boy and his search for his missing dog was a fascinating film. The film was shot in the same way his last animated film, The Fantastic Mr. Fox was done, via stop-motion animation. This film is also nominated for Best Original Score in Motion Picture as well.
- Mirai– The story of a little boy who meets his little sister from the future is a dark horse in this race. Director Mamoru Hosoda has a great animated film track with such films as The Girl who Leapt Through, Summer Wars, Wolf Children and The boy and The Beast. If there is one film in this group that can shock everyone by winning, this one will do it.
- Ralph Breaks the Internet– The sequel to 2012’s Wreck-It Ralph, we see Ralph and Vanellope going on a new adventure via the internet. While being the second Disney film in this category, I think this will lose out to Incredibles 2.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse– The 2018 animated film that is beloved by all and a love letter to all comic book fans is the one film that can give Incredibles 2 a run for its money in this category. With an all-star cast and the story based around Miles Morales, an art style that was different and eye candy to the eyes and spider-ham, what is not to love about it.
Personal choice of winning: if I had to pick I would love to see either Spider-man or Mirai winning. They were both different, and each had great stories and art styles that stood out in 2018. If either or do not will, it would be 2018’s The Breadwinner, in which was a great hidden gem and was only there to round up the numbers.
Golden Globes pick: I think they will play it safe and give it to Incredibles 2, don’t get me wrong it’s a great animated film and all, but if you look at from 2010 up till now, Disney has won it seven times.
Let us know what you think who will win this year’s Golden Globe in the comments below.
Update: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse won and congratulations to the team behind this beautiful film.