Today on Hidden Gems I’m going to give you some tale from Edgar Allan Poe. Since its Halloween, I thought it might be a good time for a good story or two that might set the mood for yourself for a nice good scare. Edgar Allan Poe was an American writer who was the best known for his poems and short stories about mystery and the macabre. Over the years his works have become more and more of tales and somewhat for an excellent quick read. One has to remember that his work was considered to be horror and very scary for his time. Here are some of his works read by famous actors that made each story chilling and with pleasant moments of terror:
- The Black Cat read by Christopher Lee
- Tell Tale Heart read by Bela Lugosi
- Ligeia read by Vicent Price
- The Raven read by James Earl Jones
- The Cask of Amontillado read by Basil Rathbone
- Silence read by James Mason
I hope you take the time to sit down, pour yourself a nice nightcap and enjoy these tales of the macabre and have a spooky Halloween.