Crab Rangoon is a simple dish that can be done at any time for any occasions, even for a lazy day. The golden crisp of the wonton with the soft, creamy crab filling in the inside is a delight like any other. to If you ever wanted to make it or think its difficult to make well then your in luck today, I’m going to tell you how you can make it at home.
First, you need the following:
- wonton skins
- Imitation crab meat
- Cream cheese
- One beaten egg
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping the Rangoon
You can find everything at your local Asian market if you don’t have one near you, you can see most of them at your local store. Once you have everything ready here is what you need to do:
- Beat the egg and set it aside.
- Open and set the cream cheese in a bowl till its soften and ready.
- Open the wonton skin package and lift them one by one until they are loose and ready.
- Open the package of the crab meat and shred it all entirely in a mixing bowl.
- Add the softened cream cheese to the crab meat and mix it very well.
- Get one wonton skin and put it on a small plate.
- Add about ½ a tablespoon of the mixture to the middle of the wonton.
- Brush the edges of the wonton skin lightly with the beaten egg and pinch them together in the middle till it is closed shut, and you can’t see the filling
- Once you have all the Rangoon made, in either a frying pan, pot, or deep fryer put a right amount of oil and heat it up. Not to high or low, somewhere in the middle is just fine.
- Whatever leftover wonton you have, rip it in four and use it to test the oil. If it doesn’t cook and sink to the bottom, it means the oil needs more time to heat up. If the wonton starts to cook the first time you put it in, then it means its ready.
- Add the Rangoon to the hot oil CAREFULLY and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes or till golden brown.
- Once they are cooked, place them on a rack and let them sit for a minute or two.
- Once they are all done, serve the sweet chili sauce in a small bowl and place the Rangoon around the bowl and enjoy!
The whole process will take about a few minutes to make and depending on how much you made 15-25 minutes of cooking time.
Let us know what you think about this and what you like to see here!